A girl who loves to read - helping to build book culture though:

*Independent Bookstore Connections*

* Community Book Events*

*Book Reviews*

*Book News*




Friday, February 5, 2010

WELCOME!

Once a reader, always a reader - or so I say!

My love for books started young. As a child my father would bring my sister and I to our local bookstore in Ann Arbor - and no, not Borders - it was and independent called Webster's Bookstore. Dad would set us loose and let us roam. We'd spend hours looking through the shelves finding that perfect book. Reading passages in the hallways between the bookshelves I'd get lost in my favorites of the day - book by Madeline L'Engel, Roald Dahl, Shel Silverstein. It was always a treat, those trips to the bookstore, taking home one prized new present - a new book. Throughout the years, that same hope and excitement filled me with each trip to the bookstore. I still think - What new treasure is there to uncover?

Today, I'm a new Simon & Schuster Sales Manager for Independent Book Markets. And frankly, I couldn't be more excited! The opportunity to examine S&S titles, discover great books, and provide reviews presents an unique opportunity to work with Independent booksellers and help them grow their business.

So this blog is my space to share my favorite reads, author profiles, books news and current events, author event information and of course information about our great independents across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment